- XYZ at Essar Group
- General Manager - Business Development (Coal) at Reliance Coal Resources Private Limited
- Asst. Vice President - Product Knowledge Management Team at Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited
- Manager - Exports at Phulchand Exports Limited
- Asst. Manager - Marketing at Ashapura Aluminium Limited
- Executive - Marketing & Business Development at Adani Enterprises Limited
- MBA/PGDM at Wigan and Leigh College
- B.Sc at M.D.S. University of Ajmer, Rajasthan
- International Trade & Development, Merchandising, Trader
Sunil Toshniwal's Profile Overview
Industry : Accounting/Auditing
Department: Others, from Mar 2011 till now
Job Description : Associated with Business Development Team taking care of sourcing of coal by way of acquisition of coal mines abroad as well import..
General Manager - Business Development (Coal) at
Reliance Coal Resources Private Limited
Industry : Oil/Energy
Department: Sales / Business Development, from from Jan 2008 till Mar 2011 Asst. Vice President - Product Knowledge Management Team at Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited
Industry : Financial Services
Department: Product Management, from from Apr 2006 till Jan 2008
Job Description : • Been given overall responsibility of Product(s), Coal (Thermal & Coking) as well Cotton Complex (Kapas, Cotton bales, Cotton Seed oil Cake, Cotton Yarn etc).
• Responsible to launch Futures Trading contracts of Thermal Coal. Prepared & submitted Feasibility report along with draft of contract specifications to regulator, Forward Market Commission for approval.
• Liaison & co-ordination with Business Development, Training & Research, Market Operations, Spot departments to generate awareness about Hedging, Price Risk Management, Price Discovery system and advising Risk management strategies to increase participation.
• Liaison with regulator, various trade associations, group of influential persons to make Futures Trading contracts successful (ensure consistent liquidity & wide spread participation from Physical as well financial market participants.
• Chaired one round table meeting of 30 persons (from various streams of Cotton Industry) at Ahmedabad during August 06 to discuss on proposed Contract specifications of Cotton Long staple.
• Made presentations, organized seminars , visited physical markets, met key participants as well as Members of exchange personally in Gujarat, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Maharashtra (Vidharba) & Tamilnadu states to let them understand tailor made Trading strategies with overall objective to increase daily volumes & turnover.
• Been invited by Coal India Limited and The Economic Times to deliver presentation on “Creating Coal Spot and Futures Market in India” at Hotel Taj Bengal on 19th November 2007. Was the youngest speaker and featured in Special full page all India coverage by The Economic Times under “Experts Speak”.
• Made Presentation on “Futures Trading” during All India Cotton Trade conference held at Bhatinda (Punjab) in January 2007 been organized by The North India Cotton Association under aegis of East India Cotton Association (there were about 400 delegates from India).
• Represented Exchange in various meeting(s) & conferences of Coal (Energy) and Cotton (Fibre) i.e. All Gujarat Cotton Ginners conference at ATIRA, Ahmedabad in September 06, Indian Coal Markets conference at New Delhi in December 2006, and 6th Coaltrans India at Mumbai in March 2007.
. Manager - Exports at Phulchand Exports Limited
Industry : Export/Import
Department: Sales / Business Development, from from Dec 2005 till Mar 2006
Job Description : Working independently in Marketing / Global trading division (Import & Exports) under reporting directly to Chairman, Managing Director and Director(s).
Assisted in business development activities for global trading of Iron Ore fines, Textiles (Cotton), Imported Coal (Coking & Non-Coking), Coke (Metallurgical & Petroleum), Anthracite coal, Portland Cement Clinker & Portland cement, Bauxite & Alumina, etc to suffice requirement of our existing customers worldwide and to develop new customers in India.
Handled entire value chain (Contract, Procurement, Transportation, logistics, shipping etc) of about 28,000 Cotton bales been exported to Chinese buyers.
. Asst. Manager - Marketing at Ashapura Aluminium Limited
Industry : Others
Department: Sales / Business Development, from from May 2003 till Nov 2005
Job Description : • Working independently in Marketing / Global Trading division under reporting directly to Managing Director and Executive Director for export of Chemical & Abrasive grade Bauxite to Alum manufacturers and Aluminum refineries worldwide and trading of Imported Coal (Coking & Non-Coking) and related products like Coke (Metallurgical & Petroleum), Anthracite coal, Iron ore, Portland Cement Clinker & Portland cement, Calcined Alumina etc to suffice requirement of our existing customers worldwide and to develop new customers in India for imported Coal (Thermal, Coking & Anthracite) & Coke (Petroleum & Metallurgical).
• Successfully procured & shipped OPC Clinker export shipment, Cement (Bagged) shipments to Middle East from India and handling procurement from India and other countries as well trading into Gulf & Middle East.
• During FY 2004 –2005, handled global trading of bulk / bagged Calcined Alumina, Anthracite coal, Cement & Clinker shipments worth Rs 160 Crores approx.
• Visited Hong Kong, China & Singapore to have personal meeting(s) and discussions with number of Coal & Coke suppliers/traders as well buyers of Iron ore fines. Successfully established personal relationships with esteemed Global suppliers of Coal and Coke worldwide through effective communication & presentation skills.
• Visited Qatar & UAE to have personal meeting & negotiations with buyers of Clinker, Cement, GBBFS & Fly Ash & Iron ore.
• Visited China (Qingdao & Rizhao Ports as well as 5 cement plants located in SHANDONG province during November’05. Handled Import cement of 30,000 MT Ordinary Portland cement in jumbo bags ex-China & supervised loading at load port, Qingdao in China.
• Responsible to handle shipping activities in co-ordination with chartering division to negotiate shipping terms (loading & un-loading) i.e. charter party agreement, load /discharge rate, vessel description, NOR, Lay time calculations, stevedore’s damages, dispatch/demurrage, freight etc. Prepared Lay time calculations sheet(s) to derive receivable/payable dispatch/ demurrage figures.
• Responsible to generate & develop reliable Sources as well customers worldwide by using effective utilization of Market (Demand, Supply, Production, Mines, Logistics, shipping, FOB Prices, Ocean Freight) related Data & information. To keep Management aware about changes & forecast in demand–supply situation time to time by gathering & presenting relevant Market information from several channels.
• Search for new potential buyers considering our competitive advantages like logistics, shipping, our mining facilities, quality of our products and to maintain continuous better relationships with them on consistent basis by offering them desired product-mix.
• Deciding upon prices i.e. FOBT, C&F FO; loading port, transportation arrangements for movement of cargo, packaging, stockyard, despatch etc with MD in close coordination with members from concerned departments.
• Last, but not the least, to have word of appreciation and entire satisfaction from buyer about their experience in dealing with offered product including supplementary services, which facilitated to go ahead for enhancing business from existing customers and to develop new customers.
. Executive - Marketing & Business Development at Adani Enterprises Limited
Industry : Consumer Durables/FMCG
Department: Sales / Business Development, from from Apr 2000 till Apr 2003
Job Description : • As working in a team, headed by President & CEO (Now Whole-time Director), reporting directly to him and coordination with colleagues at various offices across the country and globe.
• Preparation & Finalization of various types of Contracts and Agreements, Cost Work Sheets for Purchase and Sale of Coal & Coke either on High Seas, CIF, CNF or FOB basis.
• Preparation & Submission of tender documents for tenders floated by Public Enterprises like Trading Houses (STC, PEC, and MMTC etc), Fertilizer Unit (GNFC), Power plants (GEB, MSEB, BSES, RSEB, APPGENCO, and TNEB etc). Preparation and forwarding Offer letters to potential and existing buyers against their requirement for either Coal or Coke with customized delivery & payment terms.
• Preparation and floating of Enquiry on suppliers and mine owners against our requirement for procuring either Coal or Coke from South Africa, Australia, Indonesia & China
• Issuing delivery orders to buyers for our stocks lying at various ports of India.
• Coordination with Suppliers, Shipping, Clearing and Forwarding, Stevedoring & Handling Agents, Govt Agencies involved & Buyers to make synergistic impact on overall Value chain i.e. completion of time bound business activities like vessel approvals, counter offers, Payment instruments etc.
• Preparation of MIS reports to keep Chairman and MD ‘s office informed daily on status of Coal & Coke pertaining to delivery / Stock, updated Vessel Status, Logistics, Rake loading and unloading, Check Statement of facts, prepare Lay time calculations (demurrage/dispatch), Account statements, Cash both In and out Flow statements etc.
• Supervision of complete Discharge of Cargo at discharge port to ensure quick as well smooth discharge. Ensure proper Coordination among all stakeholders of the Cargo.
• Market Intelligence to track coal market movements (Enquiries, orders, tenders, offers, Prices, Demand etc).
Wigan and Leigh College
from Jul 1997 till Jan 2000
B.Sc at M.D.S. University of Ajmer, Rajasthan
from Jul 1993 till Jun 1996
Sunil Toshniwal's Additional information
Web Profile : http://www.peerpower.com/pub/suniltoshniwal
Sunil Toshniwal's Personal Details
PeerPower.com is a networking site for top professionals enabling them to profit from networking and connect with thought leaders.
Join PeerPower >>
Sunil Toshniwal's Connection
V LalithaSenior Director at Fidelity Mutual Fund Navdeep AgarwalG.M.-Projects at Ashapura Aluminium Limited Joyce DSouzaIndependent at JGs AhmedFarhan UsmaniSales Manager( CBU Sales Division) at Shaman Mercedes Wheels Ltd sneh sharmaNo Current Company Mentioned View All