- Principal Consultant & Owner at OPUS ENGINEERS & CONSULTANTS
- Sr. Electrical Engineer at Ambitech Engineering Corporation
- Principal Engineer at Proccesses Unlimited International, California, USA
- Project Manager at AAA Galvanising, Joliet, Chicago, USA
- Consultant- Protection and Control at G.E. Substation Automation Solutions, Chicago,USA
- Dy. G.M. at Mecon Limited
- ME/M.Tech at Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee ( IIT Roorkee )
- BE/B.Tech at Govt Engineering College, Bilaspur (M.P.)
Summary: Major experience in engineering activities of electrical distribution systems of Industrial projects including Oil fields, Integrated Steel Plants and Non-ferrous industries, Petrochemical refineries, Utility and Captive Power Plants, distribution substations and electrics of buildings. The experience includes front end engineering, development of power supply scheme, proposal development, preparation of electrical schemes and equipment layouts including HV switchyards, controls system design, physical design, identifying equipment needs and ratings, specification development, bid evaluation, carrying out load flow, short circuit studies and relay coordination, detailed engineering, supervising during installation, managing site problems, testing and commissioning..
What do I have to offer (Haves): Consultancy on Design of electrical Power distribution system for Industrial Projects and Power plants..
What do I seek (Wants): Engineering of Projects.
RAVISH KHETARPAL's Profile Overview
Principal Consultant & Owner at
OPUS ENGINEERS & CONSULTANTS
Industry : Engineering
Department: Creative / Design, from Jan 2009 till now
Job Description : Electrical Engineering supports for Industrial Projects.
Sr. Electrical Engineer at
Ambitech Engineering Corporation
Industry : Engineering
Department: Creative / Design, from from Mar 2007 till Aug 2008
Job Description : Working on installation of Semiconductor Complex , Refineries and Ethanol expansion Projects.
Responsible for development of front end and detailed engineering for Electrical system i.e. Area classification drawings, power supply scheme, controls system design, physical design, identifying equipment needs and ratings, preparation of control schematics; various engineering calculations e.g.. Heat Tracing Cables etc.; Quality check drawings.
Projects: Penford Ethanol plant, Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Exxon Mobil, Joliet, Hemlock Semiconductor Complex, Michigan.
. Principal Engineer at Proccesses Unlimited International, California, USA
Industry : Engineering
Department: Creative / Design, from from Apr 2005 till Mar 2007
Job Description : Working on installation of light oil dehydration and filtration plants for filtration of crude oil from Oil fields.
•Responsible for development of front end and detailed engineering for Electrical system i.e. power supply scheme, controls system design, physical design, identifying equipment needs and ratings, specifying equipment, bid evaluation, Quality check of drawings and carrying on load flow, short circuit study and relay setting coordination through ETAP and SKM for power distribution systems of 115/12/4.16 kV and 480 V. Arc flash study through EASYPOWER software for Switchboard/MCC.
Projects: Oil dehydration and Filtration plants, Steam generators, Water treatment plants, Gas compressor Stations of Aera Energy, OXY, Chevron, PXP and PG&E in Kern County, California; : Burren Oil field – Turkmenistan.
. Project Manager at AAA Galvanising, Joliet, Chicago, USA
Industry : Manufacturing/Industrial
Department: Operations, from from Sep 2003 till Sep 2004
Job Description : Worked on expansion and up grading of facilities of Steel Galvanizing plants.
• Responsible for providing technical guidance, planning, preparing specifications/proposals, progress reviews, resolution of site problems, and project management on expansion and up-grading of facilities of Galvanizing plants at two different locations in Illinois.
• The facilities include installation of Heat recovery system, boiler, transfer cars and overhead cranes, electrical switchboards, emergency generators, power factor correction equipment, cable selection and preparation of cable layout, lighting system, buildings and other civil work.
Projects: Expansion of Galvanizing Plants at Joliet and Peoria in Illinois
. Consultant- Protection and Control at G.E. Substation Automation Solutions, Chicago,USA
Industry : Engineering
Department: Creative / Design, from from Aug 2002 till Mar 2003
Job Description : Worked as Control Designer for design of protective systems for new as well as refurbishment of existing substations of Com-Ed network in Chicago land area. The work includes engineering and installation of Control and Relay panels for 345 kV and 138 kV, 69kV, 34 kV, 12 kV substations incorporating microprocessor relays.
• Responsible for preparing One line Relay /Instrumentation diagrams and Trip /Close logic diagrams.
• Prepared Schematics for AC, DC circuits, Wiring diagrams, inter panel wiring along with cable schedules and Front views of Relay and Control panels.
• Compiled BOM for equipment and reviewed layout and material list for 12 kV Substation equipment, SCADA panels and control cable layouts.
Projects: Com–Ed Utility Co. - 345 kV, 138 kV, 34 kV and 12 kV substations in Illinois.
. Dy. G.M. at Mecon Limited
Industry : Iron & Steel
Department: Creative / Design, from from Apr 1973 till Jan 2002
Job Description : Worked as a leader of a technical team engaged in planning and design of Electrical distribution networks for various large industrial projects and Power generation systems. The projects were
associated with Integrated Steel Plants and Zinc and aluminum, Petrochemical refineries and Utility & Captive power plants. Responsible for planning, design, and deployment of electrical power generation systems, electrical distribution networks and control and instrumentation for applications in various industries. The work included feasibility studies, basic engineering, specification development, bid evaluation, contract negotiations, detailed engineering, equipment installation, testing, commissioning, and project management.
• Engineering and Design: Developed electrical power generation systems and industrial electrical distribution networks for new applications, modified existing applications. The applications included concept to commissioning of large industrial projects , turbo generator power projects, hydroelectric power projects, large DG stations having high voltage outdoors switchyards of 400/220/132 kV and medium and low voltage substations, Motor control centers, PLC for interlocking and controls of drives, transmissions lines and cable networks, control and instrumentation for process control, and lighting system design. Basic engineering - obtaining and analyzing field data proposing electrical schemes and values, identifying equipment needs and ratings of generators, transformers, circuit breakers, protective relays, cables, capacitor banks, motor control center, motor controls, instruments, lighting etc.
Detailed engineering - Specification development, bid evaluation, contract negotiations. Development of Single line diagrams, equipment layouts, Control and protection schematics, interconnecting diagrams, grounding layouts, lighting schemes and layouts, checking and approval of vendor drawings, cable schedules and cable route layouts. Load flow and short circuit studies, Relay selection and protection coordination, reactive power compensation.
• Testing and Installation: Provided technical guidance and supervision during testing, installation, and commissioning of equipment systems and networks. Diagnosed testing problems, managed resolution of problems and verified solutions, participated in system design reviews, supported acceptance testing and quality assurance programs.
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee ( IIT Roorkee )
from Jan 1970 till Jan 1973
BE/B.Tech at Govt Engineering College, Bilaspur (M.P.)
from Jul 1965 till May 1970
RAVISH KHETARPAL's Additional information
Reason to be on PeerPower : Sharing Knowledge And Expertise,Business Opportunities,Reunion With Colleagues
Website : http://www.opusengineering.com
Web Profile : http://www.peerpower.com/pub/ravishkhetarpal
RAVISH KHETARPAL's Personal Details
Interest:Meeting People, Traveling to different places, Photography
PeerPower.com is a networking site for top professionals enabling them to profit from networking and connect with thought leaders.
Join PeerPower >>
RAVISH KHETARPAL's Connection
BHAUSAHEB LANDGEscientst at DRDO Siddhartha SenguptaHead-Technical at Careyglass Solar vijay sahayGENERAL MANAGER at MECON LTD. Shatrughan MishraSenior Manager Project at M/s Asian Electronics Ltd Raghavendra RaoDirector at eLabs India, ideas unlimited View All