- Sr. Manager Sales- Retail & Insitutional at Tata Steel Ltd
- Resident Engineer at Bradma of India Ltd.(Tata Forbes Group),
- Engineer at Simplex Engineering & Foundary Works Ltd.
- MBA/PGDM at Xavier Labour Relations Institute ( XLRI )
- BE/B.Tech at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- 12th at C B S E
- Channel Sales, Institutional Sales, Retail Sales
Rajesh Gupta's Profile Overview
Sr. Manager Sales- Retail & Insitutional at
Tata Steel Ltd
Industry : Iron & Steel
Department: Sales / Business Development, from May 1997 till now
Job Description : • A) TATA STEEL LTD. May’ 1997 till Date
• Working in Tata Steel Marketing & Sales since last 12 years in various locations/division and dealt with Customers in all the four regions of India with significant contributions at all the positions held across the Company.
Sr. Manager Sales (Retail & Insitutional), Central & East UP; Aug’2006 till date.
Job responsibilities- a)Retail Sales & Product promotion thru ATL & BTL Marketing activities in Retail, b) Billet sales c) Project sales in UP. Annual Turnover – Rs.500Cr.
1) Retail -
Managing retail sales of Tata Tiscon in 50 districts of Central & East UP (having one of the highest Sales in India) thru a set of 80 dealers & a distributor, maximising consumer off take, ensuring proper reach, Share of business & desired Market Share at the target premiums. Doing BTL activities like Consumer meets, influencer management programmes like Mason Training programme in partnership with UNDP/Disaster Management Cell & Architect/Structural Meets. ATL activities like advertisement thru hoardings, WASP, Retail identity programmes, brand promotion thru media. Buffer management of retail chain thru replenishment model(Theory of Constraints). Perceived Value Management initiative, retail runs, dealer meets, Review the performance of Area Sales officers, distributor and dealers, monitoring ROCE, sales trends, developing skills of sales force, distributor & dealers. To regularly coach & guide the distributor and Area Sales Officers.
2) Project Sales(B2B) –
Sales to Enterprise Accounts, MOU & Spot customers – a)Government Departments - UP State Bridge Corporation, Irrigation Deptt., Rural Engineering Services; b)NHAI contractors – HCC Ltd., Gammon India, L&T c) Builders & Promoter segment) OE Customers like Tata Motors, Reliance Energy Ltd., NTPC d) Defence thru M ES Contractors. e) Sales thru tender route. Co-ordination with Supply Chain,HO for material. Customer Account reconciliation. Collection of sales tax forms,
• Highest ever Branch Sales of 21276mt in December’09.
• Highest ever re-bar sales of 62000mt in Fy’09.
• Increased Share of Business for retail from Varanasi s/y. to 60%, which helped in creased NR for the organization.
• Consistently operated at higher prices to maximize NR for the organisation.
• Increased the reach in retail.
• Started Mason Training programme at UP thru UNDP,which was replicated across India
• Submitted strategy paper for increasing sales in UP,which was well appreciated.
• Received best performance recognition four times in fy’08.
Customer Accounts Manager (Tubes), Central India( Personal Level – Manager) January 2001 till 15 Aug’2006)
Job Responsibilities –
Retail Sales of Tubes Division Products in MP & Chattisgarh thru retail network. Completed Retail Value Management project at MP as a unit leader & received Champion Aspire recognition for successfully completing Project on increasing Sales in Madhya Pradesh.
Project Sales (B2B segment) of Tubes Division products in MP, Chhattisgarh, Vidarbha, Telangana & Orissa thru Tender route & on spot basis. In B2B segment-dealt with Major Customers like Western Coalfields Ltd.-Nagpur, South Eastern Coalfields Ltd.-Bilaspur, Singareni Collieries Company Ltd.-Kothagudem, Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd.,Public Health Engg. Deptt. at MP & Chattisgarh, Vehicle Factory Jabalpur(defence),Gun factory Jabalpur, BSNL Jabalpur, MP Electricity Board, Chhatisgarh Electricity Board, MP Laghu Udyog Nigam Ltd.,SAIL, MOIL,NTPC, Ambuja Cements,BALCO etc.
• I have doubled the business volume of TATA STEEL(Tubes Division) from Central India operations with in the span of two years & made it one of the highest selling branches in India, with a turnover of Rs.25Cr.
• Increased the retail sales of Tata Pipes in MP by >200% & achieved the highest ever sales of >500mt in Dec’05
• Highest ever orders received from Coal fields in Fy’02-03 – 6000mt(13Cr.) & in FY’03-04 – 6500mt.( 1400L.).
• Created the market for TATA PIPES in MP for institutional sales & received the highest ever order from PHED-MP for 500L In Fy’03.(Biggest order placed by PHED-MP to any Pipe supplier).
• Created the market for TATA PIPES in Chattisgarh for institutional Sales and received the highest ever order from PHED’s at Chattisgarh for 2cr. In Fy’03 & 3.5Cr. in Fy’04
• Created the market for TATA PIPES in Telecom industry & received the first ever order from BSNL,Jabalpur in Fy’03 for 15L & orders for 40L in Fy’04.
• Created the market for TATA PIPES for Closed Structurals in Defence and received the highest ever order for 50L in Fy’03 & 75L in Fy’04.
• Created the market for TATA PIPES in Chattisgarh State Electricity Board and received the orders for 25L in Fy’03 & 30L in Fy’04.
• Highest ever order received from BALCO for 1.5Cr.
Worked at Marketing & Sales (Tubes Division HO) since May’1997 till Dec’2001.(Joined Tata Steel as Assistant Manager in May’1997 & promoted to Dy. Manager in January 2001)
Major Projects done –
• ERP implementation - Defined the requirement of Sales office Systems at Macro level for ERP implementation in Tubes M&S.
• E – Initiatives (independent responsibility) - Started e-initiatives at tubes divn. & launched customer portal www.tatatubes.com
• ISO- recertification & renewal (certified Lead Auditor) of Tubes Marketing & Sales
• DGS&D registration for higher dia IS:1239 GI pipes(100mm to 150mm)
• Credit Management
• Direct order Management
Resident Engineer at
Bradma of India Ltd.(Tata Forbes Group),
Industry : Others
Department: Sales / Business Development, from from May 1993 till Jun 1995
Job Description : Job Responsibilities
Sales/Support of Domino industrial non-contact Ink Jet Printers to the industries with specific requirements of printing on finished products like Cold drink bottling plants, Pharmaceutical companies, paint industry, etc.
Sales of Electronic Billing System for Point of Sales, Insurance companies, DOT, electricity board.
Telesys Marking systems for the Automobile industry where printing needs to be done on the hot surface
• First sale of Telesys Marking system in India
• Highest ever Sales of Electronic billing System to LIC, South Bihar .
• First sale of Macrojet II in India.
. Engineer at Simplex Engineering & Foundary Works Ltd.
Department: Technology, from from Feb 1993 till May 1993
Job Description : Worked on Blast furnace project for Instrumentation panel design.
Xavier Labour Relations Institute ( XLRI )
from Jan 1994 till Jan 1997
BE/B.Tech at Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
from Jul 1985 till Apr 1989
12th at C B S E
from Jul 1984 till Mar 1985
Rajesh Gupta's Additional information
Web Profile : http://www.peerpower.com/pub/rajeshgupta5
Rajesh Gupta's Personal Details
PeerPower.com is a networking site for top professionals enabling them to profit from networking and connect with thought leaders.
Join PeerPower >>