- Vice President - MEP at Lodha Group Of Companies
- Others at PMI USA
- BE/B.Tech at Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University
- Electrical, Real Estate, Site Engineering
Summary: A PMP Certified Electrical Engineering( MEP Manager) career of 16 years in Project & Construction Management and execution of large scale prestigious projects in India and Middle East of varied nature High Rise Towers ,Buildings, Hotels, Shopping Malls, Theaters, Power, Steel & Infrastructure projects..
What do I have to offer (Haves): Project & construction Management of MEP Works.
What do I seek (Wants): Project & Construction Management.
Manish Thakur's Profile Overview
Vice President - MEP at
Lodha Group Of Companies
Industry : Real Estate
Department: Top Management, from May 2010 till now
MEP MANAGER at
Department: Top Management, from from May 2009 till Apr 2010
Job Description : Team leader controlling all aspects of the works including, planning, administration, commercial, engineering, site works and documentation.
o Delegate work to the project team and monitor the progress to completion.
o Ensure that the works are completed on time, notifying the management of any delays and evaluating the costs associated with the delays.
o Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day management of the project.
o Instigate the project planning and review of progress against targets.
o Establish the project construction methodology with the project team.
o Co-ordinate the work of all in-house staff, suppliers and sub contractor.
o Monitor and control expenses related to project work and ensure company's forecasts and budgets are met for these expenses.
o Organize and attend technical meetings with client and consultants to discuss and give proposals for non constructible design related issues.
o Coordination with other disciplines for setting out utilities and services.
o Organize and attend technical meetings with Engineers and Subcontractors to discuss shop drawings, material submittals and method statements as necessary.
o Coordinate with consultant and other contractors to manage work interface and enhancement to project scope.
o Assign work tasks to Site/Project Engineers and monitor them to ensure proper progress and good productivity.
. PROJECT MANAGER /MEP MANAGER at Laing O Rourke International
Industry : Real Estate
Department: Top Management, from from Mar 2006 till May 2009
Job Description : TENDER STAGE
o Post Tender Clarifications, Reports, Recommendation and Approvals.
o Facilitate completion of contract documents.
o Budget analysis and Budget variance study
• EXECUTION, MONITORING & CLOSE-OUT STAGE
o Reviews of Design and materials submittals with Client and Consultants.
o Drive package progress against schedule with focus on Cost & Safety.
o Take Part in Design Coordination, Modifications & Value Engineering Workshops.
o Manage Risk, Change proposals, Change Orders & Instructions.
o Deal with Correspondences with package contractors and consultants.
o Manage & Coordinate contract packages, consultants & regulatory authority.
o Monthly and Weekly progress reports.
o Assessment of performance of allocated resources and evaluation against progress.
o Arrange meetings, Prepare agenda, take minutes & follow up.
o Co ordinate with the Team members, Design Consultants & Hotel Operator.
o Attend major equipments Testing & Commissioning.
o Manage Inspections and Handovers.
o Attend Site Safety Walks with Safety Manger.
. MEP COORDINATOR at Besix
Industry : Construction- Cement/Stone
Department: Technology, from from Feb 1999 till Mar 2006
Job Description : Executed various large scale Projects in the capacity of a MEP Coordinator/ Sr. Electrical Engineer and efficiently handled key responsibilities like:
• Technical assessment of Drawings, Method Statements & Materials
• Leading a team of Engineers to verify Compliance and Quality Standards.
• Liaison with the EPC contractors, Engineers, Project Managers & regulatory body
• Initiating technical queries and design changes where necessary.
• Preparation /Review of variations, change proposals & value engineering
• Review of as-built documentation and project handover documentation.
• Follow up of Progress of Works as per contract schedule.
• Installation Testing & Commissioning of MEP Systems, Lifts & Cranes
. ELECTRICAL ENGINEER at Ispat Industries Limited
Industry : Iron & Steel
Department: Technology, from from Jul 1998 till Feb 1999
Job Description : Project: Blast Furnace
• Cable Laying, terminations& Testing
• Installation, Testing & Commissioning of MV & LV Boards, Switchgears, UPS Systems,
• Installation, Testing & Commissioning of Transformers, Cranes, Earthing system
• Installation Testing & Commissioning of lighting system
• Progress follow up & Reporting
. Sr. Engineer at Fusion Engineering Products Limited
Industry : Engineering
Department: Technology, from from Jan 1994 till Jul 1998
Job Description : Installation, Testing & Commissioning of LV Boards, Capacitor Banks
• Preparation of Progress Report
• Maintenance of complete electrical installation – Switchgears, AC Drives, MCCs,
• Installation Testing Commissioning of Welding Equipments
• Client communications, Training, Demonstrations, Spare Management
• Implementation of TPM (Predictive and Preventive maintenance Procedure)
• Member of Cross functional Team for the up gradation & modification workshops.
from Jul 2008 till Jul 2008
BE/B.Tech at Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University
from Jan 1988 till Jan 1992
Manish Thakur's Additional information
Reason to be on PeerPower : Career Enhancement,Job Prospects,Meeting People,Sharing Knowledge And Expertise,Reunion With Colleagues,Batchmates,Finding Information About Institutes & Companies
Web Profile : http://www.peerpower.com/pub/manishthakur
Manish Thakur's Personal Details
Interest:Long Drive ; Listening Music; Networking; Watching Movies
PeerPower.com is a networking site for top professionals enabling them to profit from networking and connect with thought leaders.
Join PeerPower >>
Manish Thakur's Connection
Pradeep VinapamulaSr. HR Consultant at Confidential Girish LakshminarayanaTech Head, Peerpower.com at Times Business Solutions Limited R CHANDRASEKARANClient Delivery Manager at Hewitt Associates Vikash SinhaFE-Electrical at Jaiprakash Associates Ltd krishnan annaswami sharmaRegional Head - MENA Region, UAE- Dubai at shriram properties View All