- Managing Editor at Business News Asia
- Principal Researcher at Kawoosa Research Group
- Market Research Consultant at InCite Market Research and Solutions
- Analyst at iLocus
- HR Consultant at inResource Placement Consultancy
- MBA/PGDM at Kashmir University
- Market Research
Summary: I have experience on two fronts. Market research of technology domain as well as running an online press release website.
In market research of technology role, I have an experience of over 4 years now and my thrust areas have been VoIP, IP Networks, Mobile VAS, IPTV, Communication Chips, Fixed Mobile Convergence and the likes. I have followed these markets for over 3 years by way of brining out quarterly and annual reports on them covering global markets.
Besides, I have been a regular contributor of articles, news analysis, writeups, interviews, etc at my jobs. I simply want to be a reputed authority on technology markets.
On the other front, I own an online press release publication business. Here my role is very wide in scope and have to play a crucial part in routine as well as extraordinary activities of the business. I am seeking to make it the top source of business news for Indian business community..
What do I have to offer (Haves): Report writing, market research, marketing plan and business strategies based on the research conducted, writeups, blogs, newsletters, etc..
What do I seek (Wants): Telecom and allied technologies..
Faisal Kawoosa's Profile Overview
Managing Editor at
Business News Asia
Industry : Media/Entertainment
Department: Operations, from Jan 2011 till now
Job Description : Responsible for overall management of the company. Designing the layout and exploring ways of improving the services at AB News.
Also responsible for devising strategies of increasing the reach on both ends - readers as well as the companies submitting press releases.. Principal Researcher at Kawoosa Research Group
Industry : Market Research and Information Services
Department: Others, from Apr 2009 till now
Job Description : I handle the research activities in the specialised fields of telecom like VoIP, IPTV, communication chips, Fixed Mobile Convergence, etc.
Besides, I am also responsible for content generation for www.kawoosa.com.
Market Research Consultant at
InCite Market Research and Solutions
Industry : Management Consulting
Department: Others, from from Jul 2008 till Mar 2009
Job Description : • Work on the research requirements of various clients representing different sectors like retail, construction, real estate, banks, insurance, telecom and government and autonomous bodies.
• Business development by meeting prospective clients, understanding their research requirements and designing the research program.
• The project is exclusively held by the consultant which starts from drafting of the proposal including costing, discussing proposal, designing questionnaires, monitoring fieldwork, setting data analysis specifications, report writing and presentation of the report to the client.
• Sole contact point for the clients on behalf of InCite and addressing to all of their queries.
• The projects worked/working on include market scans, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, mystery shopping and other customized research programs.
• The research projects working on are both qualitative and quantitative and most of the times include secondary as well as primary research.
. Analyst at iLocus
Industry : Market Research and Information Services
Department: Others, from from Feb 2006 till May 2008
Job Description : • Tracking telecom market, particularly various segments including VoIP, Communication Chips, IPTV, mobile VAS, Fixed Mobile Convergence, etc.
• Bringing out annual and quarterly reports for these markets by way of tracking shipments and financials of the players in each of the segments.
• Estimating market shares and identifying top 10 players in the various segments assigned.
• Commenting upon the different financial aspects of the companies by way of analyzing various financial data like operational and fixed costs.
• SWOT analysis of the leaders in the market.
• Write-ups and articles on the emerging issues concerning the different communications segments like VoIP, WiMAX, WiFi, FMC, Femtocell, Picocell, IPTV, mobile Broadband, mobile VoIP, etc.
• CEO interviews of the leading communications companies globally.
• Identifying the research topics and designing the research for suggested topics by preparing proposed table of contents.
• Setting the secondary research and assigning the same to a team of Research Assistants.
• Managing a team of Research Assistants.
• Responsible for the planning, designing and implementation of website.
• Overall supervision of the office in the absence of Director.
. HR Consultant at inResource Placement Consultancy
Industry : Human Resource/Consultancy
Department: Human Resources, from from Jan 2005 till May 2005
Job Description : • Scrutinize CVs of the candidates submitting to the database and also from the online sources like Naukri.com and Monster.com
• Short list candidates matching the criteria fixed by the prospect employers.
• Arrange and assist the HR manager in conducting the preliminary interaction after which the selected candidates were sent to the appropriate companies.
• Areas consulting were IT and Insurance and some of the clients included IBM Daksh, HCL, Max New York Life, Kotak Mahindra, Metlife and ING Vysya.
from Jan 2002 till Jan 2005
Faisal Kawoosa's Additional information
Website : http://abnews.in
Web Profile : http://www.peerpower.com/pub/faisalkawoosa
Faisal Kawoosa's Personal Details
Interest:Business talks, technology, Telecom, Internet
PeerPower.com is a networking site for top professionals enabling them to profit from networking and connect with thought leaders.
Join PeerPower >>
Faisal Kawoosa's Connection
Akshay MasurekarSenior Manager - Business Development at Cactus Communications Pvt. Ltd Chandraprakash DeshpandeGeneral Manager - Business Development at Pushkaraj Engineering Enterprises Private Limited Vipin NairOwner at Avoft Technologies Vikash SinghSenior IT Manager at Pharmaceutical Product Development ( PPD ) Deepika BhatFree Lance Writer at - View All