- HEAD SALES AND MARKETING at AFRICAN COTTON INDUSTRIES LIMITED
- MD at MAX HODGES MARKETING LTD
- MBA/PGDM at Amity University
- Channel Sales, Corporate Sales, FMCG Sales
Summary: Sales,marketing and distribution Guru.
What do I have to offer (Haves): distribution.
What do I seek (Wants): marketing.
clyde munai's Profile Overview
HEAD SALES AND MARKETING at
AFRICAN COTTON INDUSTRIES LIMITED
Industry : Consumer Durables/FMCG
Department: Top Management, from Feb 2009 till now
Job Description : BROAD FUNCTIONS
- Sales Management
- Team Development & Training
- Cost control
- Strategic Planning
- Information system management
MAX HODGES MARKETING LTD
Department: Top Management, from from Jan 2006 till Jan 2008
Job Description : DUTIES AND RESPOSNSIBILITIES:
- Formulate a regional (E.A) sales plan and translate into targets for each territory in the region for Primary and Secondary sales for the year, for every quarter and for every month.
- To prepare annual sales target proposal for All Regions (E.A)
- Ensure achievement of targets for the region as per the agreed product mix through periodic reviews with the Area sales managers, achievement be analyzed and a detailed report to be submitted to Chief Operation Officer every month.
- Manage Area sales Manager/ Categories sales In charges’: Monitor their performances, discuss reasons for variance & help them arrive at solutions
- Execute the promotional plan drawn up by the C.O.O. This translates into clear and timely communication of promotional details, setting targets and monitoring performance.
- Implement initiatives for improving distribution in the region, includes: improving on collage and coverage norms, entry into new Markets.
- Ensure planned retail coverage by covering new Markets, by more concentrated coverage of existing Segments and by identifying new customer categories. Vehicle route plan will be evaluated every quarter to optimize sales and distribution cost.
- Ensure Range selling by Area Sales Managers /Route sales Representatives. Width and depth of distribution needs to be emphasized.
- To identify new Projects customers and get sizeable business from them.
- To maintain good relations with the Trade and attending to their complaints/grievances in a systematic and prompt manner.
- Ensure that the sales staff write their Daily sale report in the market, write their Cash/credit invoice at the point of sale, collect the cash in the market and then deposit in the depot on a daily basis.
- Ensure that trade receivables are strictly with the approved and agreed credit limits and the same will be strictly adhered to.
- Optimize credit limit of all parties and take approval of the same from the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Ensure timely collection of the credit by making a weekly collection target and coordinating with the customers effectively.
- To reduce the credit period from 30 days cycle to 21 days.
- To keep track of all important and relevant activities of competitors
- To keep information of competitor’s products, Prices, cost structures and distribution infrastructure.
- To keep track of new Products under development by competitors and new product launches being planned by them.
- To identify key Signage customers of the competitors and explore possibility of converting them to our products.
- Communicate with Chief Operation Officer regarding trends in sales and special competitive activities in the region.
- To function in a cost effective manner so that the targets are achieved within the allotted budget.
- To minimize cost of sales by continuously arranging the route plan, terminating the non-viable routes.
- To develop subordinated to take up higher responsibilities through on the job training, effective delegation, encouragement of new ideas & suggestions and cross-functional assignments and Projects.
- To try to make all the sales staff computer literate in a year’s time.
- Coordinating with the Chief Operation Officer and arrange training Programs
- To ensure all systems, procedures and policies are consistently followed in all the areas of work.
- To build/help in building a strong sales team so as the assist the organization in achieving the set target.
- To ensure transparency and free flow of information so that the whole team feels involved and work as a unit.
- Guide the subordinates to discharge their duties productively and help them realize their full potential.
from Jan 2008 till Jan 2009
clyde munai's Additional information
Reason to be on PeerPower : Sharing Knowledge And Expertise,Business Opportunities
Website : http://www.clyde.com
Web Profile : http://www.peerpower.com/pub/clydemunai
clyde munai's Personal Details
clyde's Spouse : No Spouse yet
Interest:networking internationally in marketing and sales arena
PeerPower.com is a networking site for top professionals enabling them to profit from networking and connect with thought leaders.
Join PeerPower >>
clyde munai's Connection
Siddharth MisraManager at Samriddhi Finance Pvt. Ltd. Jeen RonaldSenior Architect (Technology & Services Competency Group) at Cognizant Technologies Solutions E.V.S. RAOG.M (Sales) at Linco Beauty & Slimming Equipments Pvt Ltd Bindu KhoslaNational Account Manager at Carlson Wagonlit Travel Vickram MaathurMarketing & Sales Consultant at Independent Consultant View All