- Short-term Contract Software Engineer at Broadcom Corp
- Contract Software Engineer at Via Telcom
- Senior Software Engineer at Falon Inc
- Senior Software Engineer at Nextwave Broadband
- Doctorate(Phd) at Capella
- Business Analysis - IT Software, Software Developer/ Programming, Software Services
Summary: Results-driven professional with more than 20 years experience and expertise in strategic information systems and software engineering across a variety of industries. Exceptional expertise in process improvement and reengineering. Demonstrated success in developing and designing software tools to assist in meeting customer requirements. Proven ability in problem solving process: recognition, solution determination, design, development and delivery. Scholar-practitioner and communicator as highlighted by educational background as well as the width and breadth of clients and repeat clients served. Core competencies include: System Analyst – Project R & D – Design Pattern and Domain Driven Development
Client Communications and Relationship Management – Client Support and Training
Software Customization, Reengineering and Audit – QA and Test – Prototype Development .
What do I have to offer (Haves): .NET, C#, C/C++, VB.NET, LINQ, ASP.NET, AJAX, WPF, WCF, SOAP, ADO, SQL, ADO.NET, COM, ATL, AXF, MFC, XAML, XML, XSL, CSS, HTML, Win32-SDK, VSS, TSNS, Perforce, CYGWIN, National Instruments Measurement Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio, Red Hat, CentOS, Tex.
What do I seek (Wants): Software development and architecture.
Brian Smith PhD's Profile Overview
Short-term Contract Software Engineer at
Industry : Accounting/Auditing
Department: , and COM for Bluetooth technology. * Unit testing software development for communication hardware and software. * Adapts legacy software to newer technology. , from from till Oct 2009
Job Description : * Develops software in Visual C++, MFC, STL, C. Contract Software Engineer at Via Telcom
Department: and VB.NET applications with intuitive GUIs. * Real Time processing. Test equipment used: Agilent 8960., from from till Sep 2005
Job Description : * Wrote C/C++ Windows interface linking CDMA handset to Universal Diagnostic Monitor (UDM) and Universal Tool Suite (UTS).
* Supported 3G CDMA - EVDO technology with COM/DCOM servers.
* ISO9001:2000 Internal Audit training and experience.
* Developed multiple-threaded C. Senior Software Engineer at Falon Inc
Industry : Telecommunication/Mobile
Department: Technology, from from Jul 1999 till Sep 2002
Job Description : * Automated calibration procedure. Result: Reduced manpower requirement from three people to one person.
* Conducted system analysis on several occasions. Result: Development and implementation of 20 development tools, utilities and test platforms.
* Designed and implemented sophisticated software driven hardware test procedures using HPIB, GPIB, IEEE-488, to operate agile radio frequency generators, spectrum analyzers, and oscilloscopes in real time.
* Developed multiple-threaded Visual Studio.NET, C/C++, Visual Basic applications with intuitive GUIs, (DirectX 3D Graphics).
* General overview: Extensive use of SQL with ADO connectivity to database. Most projects involved hardware interface and real time communications software applications.
* Used Component Object Models, (COM/DCOM), and Active Template Libraries (ATL) to develop server and client components.
* Specific analysis and development: Target acquisition and GPS development for U.S. Navy SPAWAR projects. Extensive work at Anechoic Chambers, NRAD San Diego and Pax River Naval Air Station, Maryland. Aircraft Pedestal Testing participation at FARM, Pax River Naval Station Maryland. Some flight line work at Fallon Nevada Naval Air Station. Communication from aircraft: General Packet Radio Service, (1.5ghrz).
. Senior Software Engineer at Nextwave Broadband
Department: and VB.NET automated test algorithms and utilities to test and calibrate WiMax devices. * Intranet website development-IIS. GAC-Global Assembly Cache implementation. * SQL including stored procedures on MS SQL 2005, MySQL, Access97, Access2003. * Developed multiple-threaded C, from from till
Job Description : Nextwave Broadband developed next-generation wireless broadband products.
* Designed and implemented runtime message parser which cut down on development time significantly.
* Solved catastrophic failure problem with C/C++ out-of-process crash proof server based on Observer design pattern.
* Wrote C.
from Jan 2002 till Jan 2009
Brian Smith PhD's Additional information
Website : http://www.briansmithphd.com/index.htm
Web Profile : http://www.peerpower.com/pub/ccc
Brian Smith PhD's Personal Details
PeerPower.com is a networking site for top professionals enabling them to profit from networking and connect with thought leaders.
Join PeerPower >>