- News Editor/broadcast journalist/Documentary Producer/ Visiting Faculty Trainer, Communicator at Pakistan Television Corp
- MA at university of karachi
- Journalism, Media Production, Television
Summary: · Visiting Faculty of Islamic International University Islamabad.· Conducted Media training workshop for Pakistan Army ISPR Department., and 50 army Officers in the field of TV production. A project of USAID. Entire course was designed by my self.
· Conducted Seminar For MBA students of GIFT University Gujranwala Pakistan.
· Media Advisor Overseas Pakistani Consortium
· Worked as Consultant with Decentralization Support Program
· Being Pioneer Broadcast Experienced Broadcast Journalist, have strong Communication skills.
· Having close Relationship with Government and Private Agencies and Media, can bring institutions closer according to requirements.
· Having skills to implement Media Policy of any institution for its betterment and close liaison at National and International level.
· Currently News Editor PTV
· Covered recently concluded judicial crisis from 9th of March 2007 till Restoration of Constitution and lifting of emergency.
· Reference against Former Chief justice of Pakistan in supreme judicial council.
· Constitutional Petition filed by former chief justice of Pakistan against the Presidential reference.
· Constitutional petitions against dual offices held by the president of Pakistan.
· Eligibility of General Pervez Musharaf as President for the second term.
· Suspension of Constitution, promulgation of Provisional Constitutional Order, and imposition of emergency in the country.
I was attached with the office of the President of Pakistan, covered Number of Stories on the aftermath, Rescue, Relief, and Reconstruction of earthquake affected areas and DONORS Conference.
· Covered all the National Budgets from 1993 to 2005
· Issues Regarding National Finance Commission Award
· Issues of distribution of revenue from federal divisible Pool.
· Meetings of National Economic Council (NEC), Executive Committee of Cabinet on National Economic Council (ECNEC). Economic Coordination Committee and Cabinet Committee on Privatization (CCOP) Theses are four major bodies for taking financial decision at Federal Government level.
· Covered various stories after 9/11 like Ban on religious extremist parties, Re emergence of Extremist Parties, after changing names.
· Situation in Tribal areas NWFP Province of Pakistan.
· Terrorist activities in Lahore and Islamabad and Punjab Province.
· National elections from 1988 to date.
· Presidential Referendum 2002.
· Political riots in Karachi from 1990 to 1995.
· Covered all the important sessions of both the houses of Parliament.
· Protest by Opposition against legal framework order in parliament.
· Protest against Military uniform of President Musharaf.
· 17th amendment in constitution, giving legal and constitutional cover to all decisions of the government, before elections in 2002.
· Bill to create National Security Council. Etc.
· Visited USA, Indonesia, UAE, Thailand, Iran, and Holland for official assignments.
Covered various Sports Events both at National and International Levels that includes cricket world cup 1996.
· All the test Cricket & one day internationals Series played between Pakistan and other countries Like India, Sri Lanka, South Africa, England, Australia, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, and New Zealand.
· Hockey, Covered world Cup, and Champions Trophy and Test matches between Pakistan and India
· Squash, World open, played in Karachi and Lahore, All the Pakistan open and National Squash.
· Besides covering above sport events I also covered extensively, Polo, Cycling, Boxing, Football, and other sport events. .
What do I seek (Wants): Want to work with International and Regional Organisations in the field of Media and Communication.
Asmatullah Niazi's Profile Overview
News Editor/broadcast journalist/Documentary Producer/ Visiting Faculty Trainer, Communicator at
Pakistan Television Corp
Industry : Media/Entertainment
Department: Operations, from Apr 1986 till now
Job Description : 1- Broadcast Journalist
2- Documentary Producer
3- Media Advisor Overseas Pakistani Consortium
4- Visiting Faculty, Trainer Media and Television Production .
university of karachi
from Jan 1980 till Jan 1985
Asmatullah Niazi's Additional information
Web Profile : http://www.peerpower.com/pub/asmatullahniazi
Asmatullah Niazi's Personal Details
PeerPower.com is a networking site for top professionals enabling them to profit from networking and connect with thought leaders.
Join PeerPower >>
Asmatullah Niazi's Connection
Naveed Ul HaqSales Support Executive at Etihad Airways Priya GuptaBusiness Development and Administrative Assistant at SettleInAustralia.Com-Migration Advisory Services - Australia Sutapa KasibhatlaNo Current Company Mentioned Sarah RahmanFreelance Writer at Self-employed Trond HovExecutive at CarbonCentral Network View All