Aditya Birla Group: Some facts
A US $29.2 billion corporation, the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of 1,30,000 employees, belonging to 30 different nationalities. In India, the Group has been adjudged “The Best Employer in India and among the top 20 in Asia” by the Hewitt-Economic Times and Wall Street Journal Study 2007. Over 60 per cent of its revenues flow from its overseas operations.
The Group operates in 25 countries - India, UK, Germany, Hungary, Brazil, Italy, France, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Australia, USA, Canada, Egypt, China, Thailand, Laos, Indonesia, Philippines, Dubai, Singapore, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Malaysia and Korea.
Globally the Aditya Birla Group is:
• A metals powerhouse, among the world’s most cost-efficient aluminium and copper producers. Hindalco-Novelis is the largest aluminium rolling company. It is one of the 3 biggest producers of primary aluminium in Asia, with the largest single location copper smelter
• No. 1 in viscose staple fibre
• The 4th largest producer of insulators
• The 4th largest producer of carbon black
• The 11th largest cement producer globally, the 7th largest in Asia and the 2nd largest in India
• Among the world’s top 15 BPO companies and among India’s top 4
• Among the best energy efficient fertilizer plants
• A premier branded garments player
• The 2nd largest player in viscose filament yarn
• The 2nd largest in the Chlor-alkali sector
• Among the top 5 mobile telephony companies
• A leading player in Life Insurance and Asset Management
• Among the top 3 super-market chains in the Retail business
Rock solid in fundamentals, the Aditya Birla Group nurtures a culture where success does not come in the way of the need to keep learning afresh, to keep experimenting.
Beyond Business – The Aditya Birla Group is:
• Working in 3700 villages
• Reaching out to 7 million people annually through the Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development, spearheaded by Mrs. Rajashree Birla
• Focusing on : health care, education, sustainable livelihood, infrastructure and espousing social causes
• Running 42 Schools and 18 Hospitals
Transcending the conventional barriers of business to send out a message that “We Care”.